Friday 14 October 2011

Suspensions and suspense


Second last day and I went up to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park to look around. The suspension bridge is 450ft (137m) long and about 250 ft (76m) from the river below. It was absolutely fantastic although I was a bit surprised that it did make me feel a bit uneasy as I was walking across and it was swaying side to side.


In 2006 a huge tree fell on it and it didn't break! They have since done some repairs etc to make it even stronger!




































The park also had a series of 7 smaller tree-top bridges that interconnected and they were really good. Reminded me of Peter Pan.

The Cliff Walk was their newest attraction and while it was higher off the forest floor (400ft - 122m) and it was thinner and at times had a glass floor, it didn't sway at all and so did not give the same sense of unease as the main bridge.


Next stop was Grouse Mountain. There was a big cable car that had to be taken up to the top and the views overlooking Vancouver were fabulous. It really wasn't laid out very well but they did have a couple of bears (of which I saw 1) in a 5 acre enclosure.



People can, and do, hike up the mountain and they have daily 'records' displayed. The quickest today were around 30 minutes. Me? I'll take the cable car.

Came back into Vancouver by bus then a Seabus (Ferry) and booked my ticket to the Ballet tonight. Alberta Ballet Company performing "Love Lies Bleeding" with the music of elton John and apparently loosely constructed around the story of his life. really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is my last day in town and the plane doesn't leave until 11.40pm so will have to pack and leave my bags at the hotel. Do some sightseeing during the day and then head out to the airport at night.


REALLY looking forward to coming home. I miss everyone but it has been a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment